Presented by: Colin Troy
Date: 4th May 2017
Time: 9.45am – 3.15pm
Cost: First place £105 Second Place £75
Includes: Lunch & Refreshments
Target Audience: For teachers, support staff, pastoral staff and care staff working with children and young people with Dyslexia and other Specific Learning Needs.
Teachers are now required to meet all children’s needs and often with little extra support or experience. This course will demonstrate how to provide support to help with learning, achievement, focus, behaviour management and self-esteem of pupils with specific needs.
The course will cover:
- How to identify pupils with specific needs.
- How to provide support for their specific needs.
- How to help with writing, spelling, memory, organisation and confidence.
- How to differentiate for pupils within a whole class setting.
- How to help manage avoidant behaviours.
- Help identify specific barriers to learning.
- Provide day to day strategies to help in the classroom.
- Provide strategies for effective differentiation.
- Activities to help build self esteem.